Umbrella Repair Kit Instructions
GET STUCK CANVAS OR VINYL UMBRELLA PEPAIR KIT
Repair Canvas or Vinyl Umbrellas and Repair PVC, Metal or Wooden Umbrella Poles
1. Clean bond area with Denatured Alcohol Swipe, roughen with 60 grit sandpaper, clean again with Swipe.
2.Cut the glue syringe at the groove 7/16” from the tip. Remove cap located in the blue plunger to allow plunger to push into syringe.
3. Depress blue plunger causing desired amount of glue to dispense, mix resin & hardener equally to a consistent color for at least 2 minutes.
4. Apply glue to both parts to be bonded, press joint together leaving some glue in the joint.
5. At 70˙F the working time=30 Min, Handling strength=4 Hrs, Full Cure=24 Hrs.
6. To remove uncured glue let it cure until just after it is no longer liquid, then cut and strip off. Once glue is fully cured it is very difficult to remove. Warmer temperatures shorten cure time, lower temps lengthen cure time.
Canvas or Vinyl Umbrella Repair:
After following the preparation instructions above, cut patch material 2“ larger in all directions than the hole or crack to be repaired. Apply glue liberally to both the patch and the umbrella. Do not apply to only one surface and expect the glue to transfer to the other when pushed together. The glue is resistant to dripping even on vertical surfaces so use enough to fill any uneven areas between the patch and umbrella. It is OK for the glue to be very thick, it will cure to become a strong, flexible plastic. If needed, hold the patch in place with duct tape while curing. Use an UltraWax Sheet over the patch to push it into place and to feather the glue on the edges. UltraWax Sheets may also be used to force glue into a crack without the use of a patch. Remove UltraWax Sheet after glue is cured.
Repair PVC, Metal or Wood Umbrella Poles:
After following the preparation instructions above, Clean the PVC or metal with Denatured Alcohol Swipe to remove any oil or other contaminants. If repairing a crack or hole, use the UltraWax sheet to push the glue into the crack or hole. If using a patch, cut to desired size, then clean the pole and patch with Denatured Alcohol Swipe, sand with the sandpaper supplied and clean again with the Denatured Alcohol Swipe. After cleaning, apply the glue to both the pole and the patch, being sure to have generous amount of glue. The glue will not drip on vertical surfaces, so if enough glue is applied, it will fill folds or irregularites between the pole and patch. Be sure to leave room for the glue between the patch and non-porous metal or PVC poles (Porous wood may be coated with glue and clamped). If you must clamp a PVC or metal pole to the patch, you can use small pieces of thin wire or fishing line as spacers, just imbed them in the glue after you apply it to the pole or patch.
Includes: 30gr Tentacle Glue (1), Denatured Alcohol Swipes (3) Mixing Cups (3), Mixing Sticks (3), 4” x 4” Reinforced Vinyl Patches (3), UltraWax 12” x 12” Release Sheets (3), 60 grit sandpaper (3), Instructions (1)Print This Page