Fish Pond Liner Underwater Repair Kit
Mr. Sticky’s Fish Pond Liner Underwater Repair Kit (Manual Mix)
Repair Neoprene or EPDM Liners above or below water, Waterfalls, Rocks, Filter holes, Tank leaks, Pumps, Plumbing, Metal, Wood, Plastic.
Fish Safety: **** Important Bulletin for Aquarium Owners ****
Due to the many variables possible with respect to the safety of aquatic life, there is no simple way to declare epoxy completely safe for all aquatic life. AAI does not warranty that your fish will remain healthy if you use our adhesive.
With respect to the question of fish safety, AAI hired a laboratory to conducted a test (DOHS (Title 22) Hazardous Waste Bioassay using Flathead Minnows ) which was passed that relates to the exposure of materials like our epoxy in a marine environment. Please note that it is important to fully mix the two parts of the epoxy above water per the directions supplied with the epoxy before applying underwater. The mixed solution's safety is what is reflected in the test.
Mr. Sticky's® Underwater Glue has passed the "DOHS (Title 22) Hazardous Waste Bioassay using Flathead Minnows test: This test is specified under the California Department of Fish and Game's regulations. Please review it and decide for yourself if it is sufficient to warrant usage in your situation.
1. Clean bond area with Denatured Alcohol Swipe, roughen with 60 grit sandpaper, clean again with Swipe. 2. Cut the glue syringe at the groove 7/16” from the tip. Remove cap located in the blue plunger to allow plunger to push into syringe.
3. Depress blue plunger causing desired amount of glue to dispense, mix 2 parts equally to a consistent color for at least 2 minutes.
4. Apply glue to both parts, press joint together leaving some glue in the joint.
5. At 70˙F the working time=30 Min, Handling strength=4 Hrs, Full Cure=24 Hrs.
6. To remove uncured glue let it cure until just after it is no longer liquid, then cut and strip off. Once glue is fully cured it is very difficult to remove. Warmer temperatures shorten cure time, lower temps lengthen cure time.
FISH POND LINER LEAK REPAIR UNDERWATER.
1. Cut one of the reinforced vinyl patches or your liner material to the appropriate size for your repair. The patch is recommended to be at least 2" larger in all directions than the size of the hole to be repaired.
2. Clean the patch with the denatured alcohol swab, roughen the patch with the sandpaper and clean again with the swab. With liner it is very important when sanding to scratch through the surface with the sandpaper for the glue to stick properly.
3. If possible, roughen the are of the pond liner underwater with the supplied sandpaper.
4. Following all directions and precautions on the back of the glue package, mix up enough glue to cover the patch 1/16" thick. CAUTION: Never mix more than 1/3 of the tube of glue at once because it may become very hot. Every 5 minutes or so, stir the glue until it begins to thicken, then apply it to the patch. At 70˚F the glue will begin to harden in about 30-40 minutes. At 85˚F it will take 15-20 minutes, at 100˚F it will take 7.5-10 minutes. The reason to wait until the glue starts to thicken is that you will minimize the amount of time that the water has to leak through the patch before the glue hardens sufficiently.
5.Cut an UltraWax sheet 2" wider and longer than your patch. Lay the UltraWax sheet on a flat surface. Lay the patch on top of the UltraWax sheet. Apply the glue to the patch approximately 1/16" thick.
6. Take the UltraWax sheet and patch underwater. Push the patch onto the liner using the UltraWax sheet to keep your hands isolated from the glue. You may smooth any glue that squeezes out from the patch and under the UltraWax sheet by pushin on the UltraWax sheet with your fingers.
7. After the glue is cured, remove the UltraWax sheet and dispose.
8. Store the unused glue in a ziploc type bag and keep it in a cold environment. Cold temps will cause the glue to last longer. This glue is very useful for many applications above or below water.
Tank Hole Repair:
Cut a piece of UltraWax Relief Sheet 2” longer and 2” wider than the crack or hole. Apply mixed glue to the center of the sheet. Place the sheet over the crack or hole. Apply pressure from the non-glue side of the sheetr to force glue into crack or hole or to feather the glue around it. Remove UltraWax Relief Sheet after the glue is cured.
Pool Pump, Pipe or Cracked Fitting Repair:
Turn off pressure in pipe. Cut one of the supplied patches to the proper size to fit around a leaking pipe. Clean the patch with a Denatured Alcohol Swipe, roughen with 60 grit sandpaper and clean with Swipe again. Apply glue to the patch and pipe, wrap patch around pipe. Hold patch in place with duct tape (not supplied). Remove tape after curing.
Replace Grout Underwater:
Cut a piece of UltraWax Relief Sheet 2” wide and 2“ longer than the grout line to be applied. Put mixed glue into the ziploc bag. Cut a corner off of the bag so that it will dispense the width of grout line needed. Squeeze the glue out of the bag and into the grout line. After the glue cures a little, rub, rub matching grout onto it to give a grout appearance. Place the UltraWax sheet over the grout line. Apply pressure on the sheet to shape it. Remove UltraWax Relief Sheet after the glue is cured. For large grout jobs use the Auto-Mix Kit which dispenses a 3/16” bead 12’ long.
Includes: 30gr Underwater Glue (1), Denatured Alcohol Swipes (3) Mixing Cups (3), Mixing Sticks (3), 4” x 4” Reinforced Vinyl Patches (3), UltraWax 12” x 12” Release Sheets (3), 60 grit sandpaper (3), Instructions (1)